2022 CID-CEF Convention
July 18, 2022
The 2022 CID-CEF Convention, its 9th Regular Convention, was held on July 18, 2022 at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield.
9th Regular Convention
The 9th Regular Convention of the CID-CEF was held during the CID District Convention on July 18. Following are highlights from our convention:
Two new resolutions were passed by the delegates at the convention:
- To Affirm the Central Illinois District Church Extension Fund
- To Continue Uninterrupted Operations of the Central Illinois District Church Extension Fund
New Board of Trustees Elected
A new Board of Trustees was elected, passing unanimously:
- President – Darin Gehrke
- Vice President – David Ward
- Secretary/Treasurer – Carol Radtke
- Trustee-Minister of Religion – Rev. Charles Olander
- Trustee-Minister of Religion – Rev. Chad Lueck
- Trustee – Kim Kleinschmidt
- Trustee – K. Rick Keller
Service awards were presented to former President Kevin Schultz for thirteen years of service and no longer eligible for re-election, and to trustees Rev. Terry O’Brien and Dale Wolff, both with seven years of service and leaving the Board.
David L. Goldhammer Award for Outstanding Service Awarded
The David L. Goldhammer Award for Outstanding Service was awarded to Kim Kleinschmidt for his previous twelve years serving on the Board in the capacity of President and Vice-President during that time.